Improved gender balance in Danish film
14. jun 2022 | Diversity. A long-term effort by the Danish Film Institute and the film industry to improve gender balance, both in front of and behind the camera, is bearing fruit.
Knowledge universe about audiences
01. jun 2022 | AUDIENCES. More than two million Danes have watched Thomas Vinterberg’s 'Another Round' across platforms, and half of the audience are under the age of 35. These and many other insights are available to…
Actress award to Holy Spider in Cannes
28. may 2022 | AWARD. Ali Abbasi's 'Holy Spider' was honoured at the Cannes Festival with the Best Actress award to Zar Amir Ebrahimi. Winner of the Palme d'Or is Ruben Östlund's Swedish-Danish 'Triangle of Sadness'.
New Media Agreement
25. may 2022 | FILM POLICY. A new media agreement landed on 21 May with positive perspectives for Danish films and series.
Annette K. Olesen appointed new film commissioner
24. may 2022 | NEW NAME. Director Annette K. Olesen will be joining the Danish Film Institute as new film commissioner for feature films.
Ali Abbasi knows no bounds
16. may 2022 | INTERVIEW. A Danish pregnancy horror flick, a Swedish troll romance and a Farsi-language serial killer thriller. Ali Abbasi sees no reason to limit himself to one culture, one language or one genre. The…