CO-PRODUCTIONS. The Danish Film Institute can support 5-9 minor co-productions in feature films per year. Read how to apply for funding and find terms, application deadlines and contact information.
Funding for danish films
The Danish Film Institute supports the production of feature films, documentaries, short films and digital games. Read more about our funding schemes.
News from the DFI
Danish films in Cannes 2022
CANNES. Find all the information you need about Danish films, co-productions and filmmakers at the Cannes Festival 2022, running 17-28 May.
Ali Abbasi knows no bounds
16. may 2022 | INTERVIEW. A Danish pregnancy horror flick, a Swedish troll romance and a Farsi-language serial killer thriller. Ali Abbasi sees no reason to limit himself to one culture, one language or one genre. The…
Closer to the Audience: stronger bond between industry and audience
10. may 2022 | AUDIENCE. Audience perspectives and audience engagement is high on the Danish Film Institute’s agenda. A threefold initiative aims to strengthen the industry’s insights into its audiences, enabling Danish film…
Lone Garde new head of Creative Europe MEDIA Desk Denmark
10. may 2022 | FILM PEOPLE. Lone Garde took over as the new head of Creative Europe MEDIA Desk Denmark on 1 May.
Fund for projects from Greenland and the Faeroe Islands open for second round
04. may 2022 | FUNDING. The NORDDOK fund is being extended for the next three years to promote the film scenes in Greenland and the Faroe Islands, and foster more documentary projects from the two nations.
Holy Spider and Godland in Cannes Competition
04. may 2022 | CANNES. Ali Abbasi's 'Holy Spider' is part of the main Competition, while Hlynur Pálmason's 'Godland' is selected for Un Certain Regard. Get the full list of Danish films and co-productions taking part in…
Why audience research early on matters
04. may 2022 | AUDIENCES. Sanne Juncker Pedersen, who leads the Danish Film Institute's strategy to enhance audience focus, talks about the funding scheme AudienceFocus and why it is important to conduct audience research as…
The audience can think for itself
02. may 2022 | INTERVIEW. Support from the Danish Film Institute's AudienceFocus scheme allowed Mira Jargil to focus on prioritising multiple storylines for her series about a Danish monk in Sri Lanka. The director shares her…
Filmmaker, listen to your young audiences!
02. may 2022 | INTERVIEW. Drop your biased attitudes about young people and start your research early on, say directors Tilde Harkamp ('Pretty Young Thing') and Thora Lorentzen ('Absolute Beginners') about creating content…
What can the audience teach us?
02. may 2022 | INTERVIEW. Director Katrine Brocks and producer Pernille Tornøe were inspired by the Danish Film Institute’s AudienceFocus scheme to fine-tune their creative choices of their debut feature, 'The Great Silence'…