CO-PRODUCTIONS. The Danish Film Institute can support 5-9 minor co-productions in feature films per year. Read how to apply for funding and find terms, application deadlines and contact information.
Funding for danish films
The Danish Film Institute supports the production of feature films, documentaries, short films and digital games. Read more about our funding schemes.
News from the DFI
Editor Niels Pagh Andersen creates order in chaos
17. nov 2021 | IDFA. Niels Pagh Andersen, the editor behind award-winning titles such as 'The Act of Killing' and 'The Look of Silence', presents his personal perspective on the art of editing and documentary
Exploring spirituality and artificial intelligence
17. nov 2021 | IDFA. Jakob la Cour's 'Artificial Awakening' invites its audience into a universe exploring the possibilities of a spiritual dimension in artificial intelligence. Selected for IDFA DocLab Competition, the
Festival hits, the art of editing and artificial intelligence at IDFA
17. nov 2021 | IDFA 2021. Intimate, personal accounts of being on the run, the Syrian revolution and American school shootings are part of the broad Danish imprint on this year's IDFA. Get the full overview of films and
'Flee' nominated at the European Film Awards
10. nov 2021 | NOMINATIONS. 'Flee' is nominated in three categories for the European Film Awards, including for best documentary and best animation feature. This year's prize event takes place 11 December in Berlin.
'Flee' wins the Nordic Council Film Prize 2021
03. nov 2021 | AWARD. Director Jonas Poher Rasmussen, scriptwriter 'Amin' and the producers Monica Hellström, Charlotte de la Gournerie and Signe Byrge Sørensen receive the Nordic Council Film Prize for 'Flee'.
'Flee' selected as Danish Oscar entry
25. oct 2021 | OSCAR 2022. Jonas Poher Rasmussen and Final Cut for Real's animated documentary 'Flee' is selected as Denmark's submission in the International Feature Film category.
Closer to the Audience: the Danish Film Institute strengthens the bond between industry and audience
18. oct 2021 | AUDIENCE. Audience perspectives and audience engagement is high on the Danish Film Institute’s agenda. A threefold initiative aims to strengthen the industry’s insights into its audiences, enabling Danish
Three films land on Danish Oscar shortlist
16. sep 2021 | Oscars 2022. Three films have been chosen as Denmark's possible candidate in the Best International Feature Film category at the Oscars: 'Flee' by Jonas Poher Rasmussen, 'Margrete – Queen of the North' by
Interview with Tea Lindeburg: 'As in Heaven'
09. sep 2021 | INTERVIEW. Tea Lindeburg focuses on a young girl's transition from child to adult in 'As in Heaven' set in the late 1800s. Watch our video with the director talking about her debut feature, headed for the
Debut film in Toronto and San Sebastián
02. sep 2021 | OVERVIEW. The fall festival season is approaching steadfast with upcoming festivals in Toronto and San Sebastián. Several Danish films will participate, including Tea Lindeburg's debut feature, 'As In Heaven'