News from the DFI
Another Round and Flee selected for Cannes
03. jun 2020 | CANNES 2020. Thomas Vinterberg's drama 'Another Round' and Jonas Poher Rasmussen's animated documentary 'Flee' are selected for the 73rd edition of the Cannes Festival.
'Wildland' first Danish film back on the big screen
27. maj 2020 | REOPENING. Berlin contender 'Wildland' is the first Danish film to premiere as cinemas in Denmark are slowly getting back in business. The modern crime drama continues in July to theatres in the Czech Republic
Producer Monica Hellström on the Move
05. maj 2020 | NETWORKING. Monica Hellström, the producer behind the IDFA-winning and Oscar-shortlisted documentary 'The Distant Barking of Dogs', is selected as one of 20 promising Europeans for the networking event
New website with historical films from Iceland
04. maj 2020 | STREAMING. The Danish Film Institute's streaming site 'Denmark on Film' now features an independent Icelandic section. 'Ísland á filmu', 'Iceland on film', is an opportunity to watch free documentary films
How CPH:DOX survived its biggest crisis: "The festival has been transformed forever"
24. apr 2020 | INTERVIEW. CPH:DOX put together a digital festival in record time after the coronavirus crisis closed down Denmark. Festival director Tine Fischer discusses her experiences, the challenges along the way and
Facts & Figures 2020 including data on gender
22. apr 2020 | PUBLICATION. Six Danish features landed on the local top 20 in 2019, with the domestic market share finishing at 27%. Find these facts and more information in our annual survey on film production and