CO-PRODUCTIONS. The DFI can support 5-9 minor co-productions in feature films per year. Read how to apply for funding and find terms, application deadlines and contact information.
Funding for danish films
The Danish Film Institute (DFI) supports the production of 20-25 feature films and 25-30 documentary and short films a year. Funds are awarded through three different schemes: the Film Commissioner Scheme, the Market Scheme and the New Danish Screen talent development scheme.
News from the DFI
Year-long curated film series available to American audiences
25. jun 2020 | FILM SERIES. Over the next year, six bi-monthly programmes of Danish films will be launching on the streaming site Alamo on Demand, the result of a collaboration with the Danish Film Institute. The series of
Another Round to world premiere in Toronto
24. jun 2020 | FESTIVAL. Carrying the distinguished Cannes Official Selection stamp, Thomas Vinterberg's drama 'Another Round' is now headed for its on-site world premiere at the leading Toronto Film Festival running 10-19
Danish co-production 'Calamity' wins main prize in Annecy
22. jun 2020 | AWARD. Animation studio Nørlum has co-produced the French-Danish 'Calamity, a Childhood of Martha Jane Cannary', winner of the main Cristal award at the animation film festival in Annecy.
Scandinavian Films at Cannes Marché
09. jun 2020 | CANNES 2020. Scandinavian Films is hosting five webinars during the Cannes Online Market. Discover more and register here.
Jacob Neiiendam is the new head of international operations
08. jun 2020 | FILM PEOPLE. As head of the Danish Film Institute’s international department, Jacob Neiiendam will direct and develop festival, co-production and networking efforts.
Another Round and Flee selected for Cannes
03. jun 2020 | CANNES 2020. Thomas Vinterberg's drama 'Another Round' and Jonas Poher Rasmussen's animated documentary 'Flee' are selected for the 73rd edition of the Cannes Festival.
'Wildland' first Danish film back on the big screen
27. maj 2020 | REOPENING. Berlin contender 'Wildland' is the first Danish film to premiere as cinemas in Denmark are slowly getting back in business. The modern crime drama continues in July to theatres in the Czech Republic
Producer Monica Hellström on the Move
05. maj 2020 | NETWORKING. Monica Hellström, the producer behind the IDFA-winning and Oscar-shortlisted documentary 'The Distant Barking of Dogs', is selected as one of 20 promising Europeans for the networking event
New website with historical films from Iceland
04. maj 2020 | STREAMING. The Danish Film Institute's streaming site 'Denmark on Film' now features an independent Icelandic section. 'Ísland á filmu', 'Iceland on film', is an opportunity to watch free documentary films
How CPH:DOX survived its biggest crisis: "The festival has been transformed forever"
24. apr 2020 | INTERVIEW. CPH:DOX put together a digital festival in record time after the coronavirus crisis closed down Denmark. Festival director Tine Fischer discusses her experiences, the challenges along the way and