News from the DFI
Eva Marie Rødbro: 'I wanted to celebrate a life not having to look like an ordinary life'
14. nov 2019 | INTERVIEW. 'I Love You I Miss You I Hope I See You Before I Die' is Eva Marie Rødbro's first feature documentary, a story about Betty and her family living on the fringes of American society. World premiere in
'Jørgen Leth is good at being Jørgen Leth'
13. nov 2019 | PROFILE. The Danish filmmaker Jørgen Leth receives IDFA's Lifetime Achievement Award for his strong auteur voice and unique perspective on reality. Read about Leth's versatile body of work and his impact on
Simon Lereng Wilmont: Taking children seriously
11. nov 2019 | INTERVIEW. Children are thoughtful and sensitive and deserve to be taken seriously, says Simon Lereng Wilmont, who considers it a privilege to make artistic documentaries for a youthful audience. His new
Learning to walk, all over again
11. nov 2019 | INTERVIEW. The earthquake that hit Haiti in 2010 left a tremor in Jørgen Leth, the Danish filmmaker/writer. His balance was affected, making it hard for him to walk. His poetic, observational diary film 'I
Discover the golden age of Danish silent films
04. nov 2019 | NEW STREAMING SITE. From dogsleds in Copenhagen to spaceships bound for Mars – the Danish Film Institute is launching a new streaming site where you can watch both sensational and artistically experimental films from
Queen of Hearts wins the Nordic Council Film Prize 2019
29. oct 2019 | AWARD. Director and screenwriter May el-Toukhy, screenwriter Maren Louise Käehne and producers Caroline Blanco and René Ezra receive the prestigious Nordic Council Film Prize 2019 for 'Queen of Hearts'.