News from the DFI
Under the influence
11. sep 2020 | INTERVIEW. Fuelled by a fascination with alcohol, director Thomas Vinterberg strives in 'Another Round' to paint a nuanced picture of the life-giving effects of spirits as well as the potentially destructive
Action drama Shorta in pursuit of nuances
04. sep 2020 | INTERVIEW. When Anders Ølholm and Frederik Louis Hviid embarked on their first feature film, their idea was to create a gripping police film that could also address some important themes. The director-writer
Debut film and immersive experiences in Venice
28. aug 2020 | VENICE. 'Shorta' meets its first audience at the Venice Film Festival (2-12 September), which also marks the world premiere of three Danish virtual reality works.
Overview Oscar dates
26. aug 2020 | OSCAR 2021. In a year marked by the corona health crisis, nothing is quite as it should be – not even the Oscars. Here are the new dates relating to the selection of Denmark's Oscar entry for the International
Uncle nominated for big Nordic prize
18. aug 2020 | NOMINATION. Frelle Petersen's 'Uncle', winner of last year's Grand Prix at Tokyo Film Festival, is one of the five candidates vying for the Nordic Council Film Prize 2020. The winner will be revealed on 27
Another Round in Toronto and San Sebastian
10. aug 2020 | FESTIVAL. 'Another Round' is selected for competition at the San Sebastian Film Festival in September, marking the third A-list festival to showcase Mads Mikkelsen in Thomas Vinterberg's drama about
Did you miss our Cannes webinars?
06. aug 2020 | WEBINARS. Explore or revisit Scandinavian Films' five webinars held during the Cannes Marché in June on topics such as Nordic genre talents and sustainable production.
Four Emmy nominations to The Cave
04. aug 2020 | NOMINATIONS. Following a year of prominent accolades, Feras Fayyad's Oscar-nominated 'The Cave' is now vying for the 2020 Primetime Emmy Awards, to be held in September.
Three Danish VR projects in Venice competition
04. aug 2020 | VENICE. 'A Taste of Hunger – VR', based on an upcoming feature film of the same name, 'Hush' and 'The Hangman at Home' are selected for the Venice Film Festival's virtual reality competition ready to launch