News from the DFI
Improved gender balance in Danish film
14. jun 2022 | Diversity. A long-term effort by the Danish Film Institute and the film industry to improve gender balance, both in front of and behind the camera, is bearing fruit.
Knowledge universe about audiences
01. jun 2022 | AUDIENCES. More than two million Danes have watched Thomas Vinterberg’s 'Another Round' across platforms, and half of the audience are under the age of 35. These and many other insights are available to…
Actress award to Holy Spider in Cannes
28. may 2022 | AWARD. Ali Abbasi's 'Holy Spider' was honoured at the Cannes Festival with the Best Actress award to Zar Amir Ebrahimi. Winner of the Palme d'Or is Ruben Östlund's Swedish-Danish 'Triangle of Sadness'.
New Media Agreement
25. may 2022 | FILM POLICY. A new media agreement landed on 21 May with positive perspectives for Danish films and series.
Annette K. Olesen appointed new film commissioner
24. may 2022 | NEW NAME. Director Annette K. Olesen will be joining the Danish Film Institute as new film commissioner for feature films.
Ali Abbasi knows no bounds
16. may 2022 | INTERVIEW. A Danish pregnancy horror flick, a Swedish troll romance and a Farsi-language serial killer thriller. Ali Abbasi sees no reason to limit himself to one culture, one language or one genre. The…
Closer to the Audience: stronger bond between industry and audience
10. may 2022 | AUDIENCE. Audience perspectives and audience engagement is high on the Danish Film Institute’s agenda. A threefold initiative aims to strengthen the industry’s insights into its audiences, enabling Danish film…
Danish films in Cannes 2022
CANNES. Find all the information you need about Danish films, co-productions and filmmakers at the Cannes Festival 2022, running 17-28 May.
Lone Garde new head of Creative Europe MEDIA Desk Denmark
10. may 2022 | FILM PEOPLE. Lone Garde took over as the new head of Creative Europe MEDIA Desk Denmark on 1 May.