News from the DFI
Self-report on gender balance now mandatory
28. feb 2020 | Diversity. What is the gender balance of Danish film crews and casts? From 1 March, production companies are required to file a 'Self-report on gender balance' to qualify for production funding for fiction
"A lot of people find it hard to talk about sex"
21. feb 2020 | INTERVIEW. 'Sex' is a web series about a young woman torn between desire and security. In six short webisodes, writer and creator Clara Mendes and director Amalie Næsby Fick take an earnest look at the
"We call it a mafia drama"
21. feb 2020 | INTERVIEW. In 'Wildland', we follow a small family clan where love and violence become dangerously merged. Director Jeanette Nordahl and screenwriter Ingeborg Topsøe talk about how they play with mafia
Edgy comedy duo celebrates hope
20. feb 2020 | INTERVIEW. Mikael Wulff and Anders Morgenthaler’s animated feature 'Monty and the Street Party' presents a brighter, more uplifting universe than we are used to seeing from the hard-hitting Danish duo, also
Violence around the breakfast table
18. feb 2020 | INTERVIEW. Director Jeanette Nordahl and writer Ingeborg Topsøe are both fascinated by family dynamics. In their drama 'Wildland' about a small criminal clan in provincial Denmark, the filmmakers play with the
Tone Mygind Rostbøll is new film commissioner
17. feb 2020 | FILM PEOPLE. Tone Mygind Rostbøll "has a big commitment to and insight into the target group," says CEO Claus Ladegaard about the Danish Film Institute's newly appointed film commissioner, focusing on children
Trine Dyrholm to star in period drama about Nordic monarch Margrete The First
14. feb 2020 | IN PRODUCTION. Charlotte Sieling, known as director of major series such as 'The Killing', 'The Bridge' and 'Homeland', will soon begin production on her historical drama 'Margrete – Queen of the North'. Trine
Danish films at the Berlinale 2020
12. feb 2020 | BERLIN 2020. Jeanette Nordahl's 'Wildland' with Sidse Babett Knudsen is making its world premiere at the Berlin Film Festival, while Anders Morgenthaler and Mikael Wulff's 'Monty and the Street Party' is meeting
The Department Q franchise continues with 'The Marco Effect'
06. feb 2020 | IN PRODUCTION. Oscar nominated director Martin Zandvliet has begun principal photography on his adaptation of Jussi Adler-Olsen's bestselling crime novel 'The Marco Effect', the fifth installment in the Department