CO-PRODUCTIONS. The DFI can support 5-9 minor co-productions in feature films per year. Read how to apply for funding and find terms, application deadlines and contact information.
Funding for danish films
The Danish Film Institute (DFI) supports the production of 20-25 feature films and 25-30 documentary and short films a year. Funds are awarded through three different schemes: the Film Commissioner Scheme, the Market Scheme and the New Danish Screen talent development scheme.
News from the DFI
Queen of Hearts nominated for big Nordic film honour
21. aug 2019 | NOMINATION. May el-Toukhy's Sundance winner 'Queen of Hearts' is among the five nominees for the Nordic Council Film Prize 2019. The winning title will be announced in Stockholm on 29 October.
Drama Resin selected for Toronto
13. aug 2019 | FESTIVAL. Daniel Borgman's drama 'Resin', about a family who has escaped the confinements of modern society to live in symbiosis with nature, will world-premiere at the Toronto Film Festival in September.
Three films selected for Danish Oscar shortlist
13. aug 2019 | OSCAR 2020. 'Queen of Hearts' by May el-Toukhy, 'Before the Frost' by Michael Noer and 'Daniel' by Niels Arden Oplev and Anders W. Berthelsen are shortlisted for the title as Denmark's International Feature
The Cave and Love Child selected for TIFF Docs
08. aug 2019 | TORONTO. Oscar-nominated director Feras Fayyad's 'The Cave' will be opening the documentary section at Toronto Film Festival, which has also picked Eva Mulvad's 'Love Child'. Both films will celebrate their
Six projects on Greenland and the Faroe Islands in the pipeline
07. aug 2019 | FUNDING. The Norddok fund, running in 2019 with the special purpose of supporting non-fiction films on Greenland and the Faroe Islands, has granted development funding to six projects.
Debut film Psychosia selected for Venice's Critics' Week
07. aug 2019 | FESTIVAL. Marie Grahtø's debut feature, 'Psychosia', is selected for Venice Film Festival's Critics' Week, which has a keen eye on new talents and emerging trends. The sidebar competition runs parallel to
Kalle Bjerkø appointed new film commissioner
06. aug 2019 | FILM PEOPLE. The Danish Film Institute has appointed writer and director Kalle Bjerkø as new film commissioner for feature films.
Filmfest München celebrates doc-provocateur Brügger
24. jun 2019 | FESTIVAL. One of Europe's prominent summer film festivals, Filmfest München, is dedicating a retrospective to filmmaker and journalist Mads Brügger, whose films have turned heads for their performative,
Danish talent development sows inspiration abroad
19. jun 2019 | TALENT DEVELOPMENT. 'Danes Do It Better!' is the title of a special programme at Neuchâtel Fantastic Film Festival about Danish inventiveness and the talent programme New Danish Screen. Former DFI producer Johnny
Mads Mikkelsen in Thomas Vinterberg's next feature
12. jun 2019 | IN PRODUCTION. Mads Mikkelsen returns to Danish film playing the lead in Thomas Vinterberg's upcoming drama about a group of friends embarking on an experiment to prove that modest intoxication opens our minds to