CO-PRODUCTIONS. The Danish Film Institute can support 5-9 minor co-productions in feature films per year. Read how to apply for funding and find terms, application deadlines and contact information.
Funding for danish films
The Danish Film Institute (DFI) supports the production of 20-25 feature films and 25-30 documentary and short films a year. Funds are awarded through three different schemes: the Film Commissioner Scheme, the Market Scheme and the New Danish Screen talent development scheme.
News from the DFI
From Nordic Noir to New Nordic Magic
24. feb 2021 | KOSMORAMA. In the new issue of Kosmorama, three scholars look into the new magical trend in film and tv series from Denmark, Norway and Sweden.
Nominations for the Danish Critics' Bodil Awards 2021 announced
22. feb 2021 | BODIL AWARDS. The association of Danish film critics have just announced the nominations for this year's Bodil Awards, taking place on 8 May.
'From the Wild Sea': "We destroy with one hand and rebuild with the other"
18. feb 2021 | BERLIN 2021. The troubled co-existence between humans and nature is a recurring theme in Robin Petré's work. Her feature documentary debut, 'From the Wild Sea', follows a number of marine animal rescue
'From the Wild Sea' selected for Berlin
11. feb 2021 | BERLIN 2021. Robin Petré captures man's complex encounter with nature in her documentary 'From the Wild Sea', which has been selected for the Berlin Film Festival's competition for youth films. Denmark's
'Another Round' lands on Oscar shortlist
10. feb 2021 | OSCAR 2021. Thomas Vinterberg's 'Another Round' advances in the Oscar race as one of the 15 titles on the Academy Awards' International Feature Film shortlist. The five nominees will be announced on 15 March.
Tine Fischer appointed new director of Film School
08. feb 2021 | FILM PEOPLE. Tine Fischer, founder of CPH:DOX and head at Copenhagen Film Festivals, will be taking over as director of the National Film School of Denmark in May. The 18th edition of CPH:DOX end of April will
'Flee' and 'Another Round' awarded in Göteborg
08. feb 2021 | FESTIVAL. The acclaimed refugee story 'Flee' by Jonas Poher Rasmussen won the prize for best Nordic documentary at Göteborg Film Festival. 'Another Round' by Thomas Vinterberg and the Swedish-Danish co
'Another Round' wins big at Danish Film Awards 2021
08. feb 2021 | AWARDS. 'Another Round' took home five prizes at the Danish Film Awards, including the main prize for best Danish feature. 'Riders of Justice' by Anders Thomas Jensen came in second with a total of four
Another Round nominated for the Golden Globes
03. feb 2021 | NOMINATION. Thomas Vinterberg's 'Another Round', Denmark's official Oscar entry, moves forward in the Golden Globe Awards as one of the nominees in the Foreign Language Film category. The winners will be
Danish docs triumph at Sundance
03. feb 2021 | SUNDANCE. Jonas Poher Rasmussen's 'Flee' and Camilla Nielsson's 'President' took home top prizes at Sundance, as the festival celebrated this year's winners during Tuesday night's awards show. The two films,