CO-PRODUCTIONS. The Danish Film Institute can support 5-9 minor co-productions in feature films per year. Read how to apply for funding and find terms, application deadlines and contact information.
Funding for danish films
The Danish Film Institute (DFI) supports the production of 20-25 feature films and 25-30 documentary and short films a year. Funds are awarded through three different schemes: the Film Commissioner Scheme, the Market Scheme and the New Danish Screen talent development scheme.
News from the DFI
Two Danish shorts selected for Cannes
16. jun 2021 | CANNES 2021. 'In the Soil' by Casper Rudolf Emil Kjeldsen has a chance at winning the Palme d'Or for best short. 'Free Men' by Óskar Kristinn Vignisson, graduate from the National Film of School of Denmark, will
Danish short 'Inherent' headed for Cannes
07. jun 2021 | CANNES 2021. Nicolai G.H. Johansen's short film 'Inherent', produced by Snowglobe, is selected for the Cannes Festival's Critics' Week sidebar. Snowglobe takes up yet another spot in this year's line-up, with
Cannes with strong Nordic collaborations
03. jun 2021 | CANNES 2021. Danish production company Snowglobe is prominently represented in the Official Selection as co-producer of Joachim Trier's 'The Worst Person in the World' and Eskil Vogt's 'The Innocents'. Cannes is
Facts & Figures 2021 with data on Danish film
02. jun 2021 | PUBLICATION. 25 feature films received production support in 2020, 20 feature films were released in the cinemas and half of these landed on the local top 20, with a market share finishing at 50.2%. Find these
Cecilie McNair to debut with psychological drama
02. jun 2021 | IN PRODUCTION. Cecilie McNair has begun principal photography on her feature film debut 'Baby Pyramid', a psychological drama about a fertility doctor unable to have a child. The film is expected to premiere in
'From the Wild Sea' returns to the Berlinale in doc competition
27. may 2021 | BERLIN 2021. Robin Petré's 'From the Wild Sea' is yet again headed to the Berlin Film Festival, which takes place in a physical edition this June following the virtual screenings in March. The film is selected
Kasper Dissing: "I want to make films that spark debate"
12. may 2021 | INTERVIEW. 'Another Round’ producer Kasper Dissing has an ambition to make films that challenge audiences’ opinions and trigger discussion. At next week’s Producers on the Move, he’s bringing two projects that
Positive gender equality trends in Danish film
12. may 2021 | GENDER. There are more women than ever before both in front of and behind the camera, according to the Danish Film Institute’s recently published annual report on gender in Danish film.
World premieres at Tribeca Film Festival
12. may 2021 | FESTIVAL. 'Wild Men' by Thomas Daneskov Mikkelsen is selected for the international feature competition at Tribeca in June. The festival will also be world premiering Andreas Koefoed's documentary 'The Lost
'Another Round' named best film at Bodil Awards 2021
10. may 2021 | BODIL AWARDS. 'Another Round' by Thomas Vinterberg was the big winner at the Danish Film Critics' annual Bodil Awards. This year's talent prize went to Malou Reymann for 'A Perfectly Normal Family'.