CO-PRODUCTIONS. The DFI can support 5-9 minor co-productions in feature films per year. Read how to apply for funding and find terms, application deadlines and contact information.
Funding for danish films
The Danish Film Institute (DFI) supports the production of 20-25 feature films and 25-30 documentary and short films a year. Funds are awarded through three different schemes: the Film Commissioner Scheme, the Market Scheme and the New Danish Screen talent development scheme.
News from the DFI
Jørgen Leth to receive Lifetime Achievement Award at IDFA
08. oct 2019 | IDFA 2019. IDFA pays tribute to distinguished auteur Jørgen Leth at the upcoming doc fest. Also, a number of Danish titles have been announced so far for the festival, running from 20 November.
Directing duo to make their feature debut with real time action drama
01. oct 2019 | IN PRODUCTION. Frederik Louis Hviid and Anders Ølholm will make their directorial debut with 'Shorta', which has just wrapped principal photography.
Queen of Hearts is Denmark's Oscar entry
24. sep 2019 | OSCAR 2020. May el-Toukhy's Sundance winner 'Queen of Hearts' about a powerful woman's fall from grace is selected as Denmark's official submission in the International Feature Film category.
Danish horror film Breeder starts filming
23. sep 2019 | IN PRODUCTION. Filming kicked off Friday, 13 September, on Danish production company Beo Starling's ‘Breeder’, their upcoming survival horror film directed by Jens Dahl.
The Cave wins audience award in Toronto
16. sep 2019 | AWARDS. Feras Fayyad took home the Grolsch People’s Choice Documentary Award at Toronto Film Festival for his Syrian war documentary, 'The Cave', produced by Danish Documentary Production. The film was also
Trine Dyrholm and Ulrich Thomsen take on Erna at War
13. sep 2019 | IN PRODUCTION. Henrik Ruben Genz is adapting Erling Jepsen’s novel ’Erna at War’ for the big screen, a story about the resourceful Erna, played by Trine Dyrholm, who in 1918 goes to extreme lengths to protect her
Lisa Jespersen debuts with humorous drama
13. sep 2019 | IN PRODUCTION. Lisa Jespersen has started shooting for her feature debut, supported by the New Danish Screen talent programme. Production company Hyæne Film are making their second feature after Ulaa Salim's 'Sons
IDFA director: Diversity is also about artistic expression
11. sep 2019 | INTERVIEW. The dominant Western documentary tradition has become too standardized, and that's just one reason to be more open to other regions' approaches, says artistic director of IDFA, Orwa Nyrabia. Since
Rubaiyat Hossain: Women are agents of change
11. sep 2019 | INTERVIEW. In her Toronto title 'Made in Bangladesh', director Rubaiyat Hossain tells the story of a young female factory worker fighting for better conditions through the union. With the film, co-produced by
Drama Resin selected for Toronto
05. sep 2019 | FESTIVAL. Daniel Borgman's drama 'Resin', about a family who has escaped the confinements of modern society to live in symbiosis with nature, is selected for Toronto Film Festival. In the documentary section