CO-PRODUCTIONS. The Danish Film Institute can support 5-9 minor co-productions in feature films per year. Read how to apply for funding and find terms, application deadlines and contact information.
Funding for danish films
The Danish Film Institute supports the production of feature films, documentaries, short films and digital games. Read more about our funding schemes.
News from the DFI
'Flee' and 'President' advance in Oscar race
21. dec 2021 | OSCAR 2022. Jonas Poher Rasmussen's 'Flee' lands two spots on the Oscar shortlists, in the International Feature Film and the Documentary Feature categories, respectively. Also among the shortlisted
'Flee' wins at European Film Awards
11. dec 2021 | AWARDS. Jonas Poher Rasmussen's 'Flee' received top prizes at the European Film Awards, celebrating the best of European cinema. The ceremony broadcast live from Berlin also applauded director Susanne Bier
Two Danish films selected for Sundance
09. dec 2021 | SUNDANCE. Simon Lereng Wilmont's documentary 'A House Made of Splinters' and Christian Tafdrup's thriller 'Speak No Evil' will be celebrating their world premieres at the Sundance Film Festival, starting 20
Editor Niels Pagh Andersen creates order in chaos
17. nov 2021 | IDFA. Niels Pagh Andersen, the editor behind award-winning titles such as 'The Act of Killing' and 'The Look of Silence', presents his personal perspective on the art of editing and documentary
Exploring spirituality and artificial intelligence
17. nov 2021 | IDFA. Jakob la Cour's 'Artificial Awakening' invites its audience into a universe exploring the possibilities of a spiritual dimension in artificial intelligence. Selected for IDFA DocLab Competition, the
Festival hits, the art of editing and artificial intelligence at IDFA
17. nov 2021 | IDFA 2021. Intimate, personal accounts of being on the run, the Syrian revolution and American school shootings are part of the broad Danish imprint on this year's IDFA. Get the full overview of films and
'Flee' nominated at the European Film Awards
10. nov 2021 | NOMINATIONS. 'Flee' is nominated in three categories for the European Film Awards, including for best documentary and best animation feature. This year's prize event takes place 11 December in Berlin.
'Flee' wins the Nordic Council Film Prize 2021
03. nov 2021 | AWARD. Director Jonas Poher Rasmussen, scriptwriter 'Amin' and the producers Monica Hellström, Charlotte de la Gournerie and Signe Byrge Sørensen receive the Nordic Council Film Prize for 'Flee'.
'Flee' selected as Danish Oscar entry
25. oct 2021 | OSCAR 2022. Jonas Poher Rasmussen and Final Cut for Real's animated documentary 'Flee' is selected as Denmark's submission in the International Feature Film category.
Closer to the Audience: the Danish Film Institute strengthens the bond between industry and audience
18. oct 2021 | AUDIENCE. Audience perspectives and audience engagement is high on the Danish Film Institute’s agenda. A threefold initiative aims to strengthen the industry’s insights into its audiences, enabling Danish