Major new digitisation project targets documentaries
06. jul 2022 | FILM HERITAGE. The Danish Film Institute is launching another large-scale effort to disseminate the Danish film heritage, this time focusing on the key period of Danish documentaries from 1960-1990.
Facts & Figures with data on Danish films in 2021
06. jul 2022 | PUBLICATION. A total of 23 feature films and 24 documentaries received production funding, while 9 Danish titles made it to the theatrical Top 20. Find more data about Danish film in 2021 now available in 'Facts …
Improved gender balance in Danish film
14. jun 2022 | Diversity. A long-term effort by the Danish Film Institute and the film industry to improve gender balance, both in front of and behind the camera, is bearing fruit.
Knowledge universe about audiences
01. jun 2022 | AUDIENCES. More than two million Danes have watched Thomas Vinterberg’s 'Another Round' across platforms, and half of the audience are under the age of 35. These and many other insights are available to…
Actress award to Holy Spider in Cannes
28. may 2022 | AWARD. Ali Abbasi's 'Holy Spider' was honoured at the Cannes Festival with the Best Actress award to Zar Amir Ebrahimi. Winner of the Palme d'Or is Ruben Östlund's Swedish-Danish 'Triangle of Sadness'.
New Media Agreement
25. may 2022 | FILM POLICY. A new media agreement landed on 21 May with positive perspectives for Danish films and series.