News from the DFI
Interview with Tea Lindeburg: 'As in Heaven'
09. sep 2021 | INTERVIEW. Tea Lindeburg focuses on a young girl's transition from child to adult in 'As in Heaven' set in the late 1800s. Watch our video with the director talking about her debut feature, headed for the
Debut film in Toronto and San Sebastián
02. sep 2021 | OVERVIEW. The fall festival season is approaching steadfast with upcoming festivals in Toronto and San Sebastián. Several Danish films will participate, including Tea Lindeburg's debut feature, 'As In Heaven'
Danish virtual reality film to compete in Venice
26. aug 2021 | VENICE. David Adler's virtual reality film 'End of Night' will compete for the Golden Lion in the virtual reality branch of the film festival in Venice. Also represented at the festival is Lebanese-Danish
'Flee' in the run for big Nordic prize
25. aug 2021 | NOMINATION. Jonas Poher Rasmussen's 'Flee' tells a pertinent, relevant, and touching story, says the jury selecting the acclaimed refugee story as Denmark's candidate for the Nordic Council Film Prize 2021. The
Danish HBO series to world premiere at Series Mania
25. aug 2021 | PREMIERE. Europe's biggest TV festival, Series Mania, will feature the world premiere of 'Kamikaze', the first Danish original from HBO. The fiction series is selected for the International Competition.
Bille August begins production on epic historical drama
18. aug 2021 | IN PRODUCTION. Bille August's romantic drama with the Danish title 'Kysset' begins principal photography in Hungary and Denmark. It stars Esben Smed and Clara Rosager as two young lovers on the precipice of World